* After a new round of research and testing, our best soda maker pick is now the Sodastream Source. We’ve updated the top picks section of our guide, but stay tuned for the full update in the new year. [Best Soda Maker]
* After a new round of research and testing, our rice cooker pick is now the Hamilton Beach Digital Simplicity Rice Cooker. We’ve updated the top picks section of our guide, but stay tuned for the full update in the new year. [Best Rice Cooker]
* All of our traditional picks are worthy of gifting, but great gifts are something else—a thoughtful gift to a beloved family member or friend can be whimsical, aspirational, entertaining, or anything in between. We recently updated this guide with even more items after the hundreds of hours we’ve spent so far assembling a list of humble, strange, and quirky items that we'd want to give or receive.
* After researching 96 models and testing 15 against official devices used by police officers, we found the BACtrack S80 Pro is the most accurate and reliable personal breathalyzer. For three years, this device has come closer to matching the results produced by police equipment than anything else we’ve tested. Plus, it’s easier to use than the competition and relatively affordable.
* Cuisinart updated the FP-14DC Elite Collection Food Processor, our runner-up pick. The 2.0 model has a more powerful motor than its predecessor, increasing from 1,000 watts to 1,300 watts, and a slightly streamlined bowl. We'll test it early next year. [Best Food Processor]
* In this week’s special edition of Inner Vision, we've gathered some alternatives to Black Friday: local events across the country that don’t revolve around spending. From The Big Parade Black Friday Walk in Los Angeles to 1,234 miles of trails in Minnesota, these cultural and community experiences will prove to be the best deals around.
* Soon after we recommended the Dash 320 bike light, Cygolite released the Dash 350, which is now more widely available than the 320. The only difference is it’s a little bit brighter, but looking at it with the naked eye you can’t really tell the difference. Otherwise, they’re the same light, so we’ve updated again to recommend the 350 as our favorite. [Best Commuter Bike Lights]
* We like the look of the small size and magnetic attachment system of Chefsteps' announced Joule immersion circulator, but the lack of physical controls and presumed inability to clean it are concerning. We will take a closer look when it ships in May 2016. [Best Sous Vide Gear]