* After a year of long term testing, our previous runner-up—the OXO Good Grips Tray—is now our top pick. While other ice cube trays we previously recommended used smell-retaining silicone, the Good Grips tray has a rigid, sliding plastic lid that allows clean stacking in the freezer. [Best Ice Cube Tray]
* The Husky 8-in-1 Precision Slotted and Phillips Screwdriver Set is now our precision screwdriver runner-up pick. It’s ergonomically better than our main pick, but the design of the storage system increases the chances of losing a bit. [Best Precision Screwdriver]
* The C.H. Hanson 03040 is the best stud finder for home use. It was the most reliable and durable in our test group, and its two magnets reduce the time to find a stud. We're no longer recommending the Magic Stud Finder Plus, as it has been out of stock for months and our repeated attempts to contact the company have gone unanswered. [Best Stud Finder]
* In this weekend’s edition of Inner Vision, how to make the best burgers, the fastest way to defrost your car's windshield, and everything you’ve ever wanted to know about T-shirt shrinkage.
* Our current emergency radio pick is slowly being phased out in favor of the Midland ER310, a nearly identical piece of hardware with a higher capacity battery. While we have called the ER310 in for testing, we consider this to be a minor update. Either model of the radio should serve you well. [Best Emergency Preparedness Supplies]
* We've added the newly unveiled LG CordZero, which follows you around as you work like an enthusiastic puppy, and the Simplicity Freedom, a new battery powered vacuum from Simplicity Vacuum, to our guide. We should be testing both models later this year. [Best Cordless Stick Vacuum]
* After a new round of research and testing, our best soda maker pick is now the Sodastream Source. We’ve updated the top picks section of our guide, but stay tuned for the full update in the new year. [Best Soda Maker]
* After a new round of research and testing, our rice cooker pick is now the Hamilton Beach Digital Simplicity Rice Cooker. We’ve updated the top picks section of our guide, but stay tuned for the full update in the new year. [Best Rice Cooker]
* All of our traditional picks are worthy of gifting, but great gifts are something else—a thoughtful gift to a beloved family member or friend can be whimsical, aspirational, entertaining, or anything in between. We recently updated this guide with even more items after the hundreds of hours we’ve spent so far assembling a list of humble, strange, and quirky items that we'd want to give or receive.
* After researching 96 models and testing 15 against official devices used by police officers, we found the BACtrack S80 Pro is the most accurate and reliable personal breathalyzer. For three years, this device has come closer to matching the results produced by police equipment than anything else we’ve tested. Plus, it’s easier to use than the competition and relatively affordable.
* Cuisinart updated the FP-14DC Elite Collection Food Processor, our runner-up pick. The 2.0 model has a more powerful motor than its predecessor, increasing from 1,000 watts to 1,300 watts, and a slightly streamlined bowl. We'll test it early next year. [Best Food Processor]
* In this week’s special edition of Inner Vision, we've gathered some alternatives to Black Friday: local events across the country that don’t revolve around spending. From The Big Parade Black Friday Walk in Los Angeles to 1,234 miles of trails in Minnesota, these cultural and community experiences will prove to be the best deals around.
* Soon after we recommended the Dash 320 bike light, Cygolite released the Dash 350, which is now more widely available than the 320. The only difference is it’s a little bit brighter, but looking at it with the naked eye you can’t really tell the difference. Otherwise, they’re the same light, so we’ve updated again to recommend the 350 as our favorite. [Best Commuter Bike Lights]
* We like the look of the small size and magnetic attachment system of Chefsteps' announced Joule immersion circulator, but the lack of physical controls and presumed inability to clean it are concerning. We will take a closer look when it ships in May 2016. [Best Sous Vide Gear]