* Due to popular demand, we’ve added a pick for an induction range to The Best Electric and Gas Ranges. If you’re willing to pay for the performance, safety, and efficiency advantages, we think the Electrolux EI30IF40LS is the best value thanks to a versatile cooktop, a huge oven, and a relatively reasonable price. [The Best Electric and Gas Ranges]
* In this weekend’s edition of Inner Vision we share the fine art of positioning audio speakers for tonal balance, spotlight the austere lifestyle of Japanese minimalists, and show how to make matcha ice cream with just three ingredients and a whisk.
* In this weekend’s edition of Inner Vision find out how to arrange wall frames perfectly, learn how to clean sneakers from the best in the business, discover how to settle for “good enough” instead of worrying and waffling over a decision, and get your ASMR on while also learning how to cook.
* In this weekend’s edition of Inner Vision: a fragrant herb-infused fire-starter bundle for grilling season, an affordable and memorable way to experience the span of the United States in four days, and the trials, tribulations, and lessons learned after losing a laptop while in airport security.
* In this weekend’s edition of Inner Vision we’ll help you optimize your Netflix queue for quicker decision making, share our favorite summertime backyard party grill recipe, and show you how to sharpen a knife using an unexpected surface.
* In this weekend’s edition of Inner Vision, track the forecast for the season’s best sunsets wherever you live, discover why you may be able to make ice cubes more quickly using hot water, and learn how a dollar bill can help you find the best fit for a wristwatch.
* In this weekend’s edition of Inner Vision, learn how to make a healthier and lower-calorie version of table sugar imparted with the taste of caramel, organize your tab collection by site and time visited with a browser extension, and be amazed at how easy it is to determine if a gas grill’s propane tank is in need of replacement.
* In this weekend’s edition of Inner Vision, learn how to erase scratches marring furniture or floors using a heart-healthy snack, watch how the best in hospitality make a 4-stars bed, and rediscover your inner child’s fearlessness to adapt new skills more effectively.
* Most read reviews this week: The Best Espresso Machine, Grinder, and Accessories for Beginners, The Best Lawn Mower, and The Best Bed Pillows. [See all 10 most popular reviews this week.]
* In this weekend’s edition of Inner Vision, learn how to pronounce “hugelkultur” and discover what it means, elevate your avocado-cutting skills to another level, and find out which international airlines offer the best economy-class experience when traveling abroad.
* In this weekend’s edition of Inner Vision, discover an easy technique for propagating succulents at home, watch the pleasing process of ink manufacturing, admire a postcard-perfect surf shack constructed in just 5 weeks, and learn how to throw together an Instagram-friendly summer citrus salad.
* In this weekend’s edition of Inner Vision, learn how traveling alone can challenge us to be more courageous and present in the moment, how to awaken yourself from sensory-motor amnesia, and where to peruse 67,000 maps and cartographic images online.
* In this weekend’s edition of Inner Vision, navigate the world of music throughout the decades, learn why shooting 4K video is the way to go, and discover the secret ingredient for extra crispy fried chicken.
* In this weekend’s edition of Inner Vision, learn how to make a cup of coffee like a world champion (or three), improve your interior air quality without plugging anything in, and peek inside the homes of the “world’s most interesting people."
* In this weekend’s edition of Inner Vision, the best time to purchase a laptop, how to navigate challenging conversations mindfully, and a look inside a trio of secret forest cabins that exemplify small-space living.