* We took a look another look at the field of watering cans and found that our current pick, the Haws Bosmere V115, is still the best. But since it's out of stock until the end of July, we've named the OXO Outdoor Pour and Store as a runner-up in case you need one right now. We also included our long-term test notes from using the Haws for the past year, and updated the competition section.
* The first hands-on review of Honeywell's potential Nest competitor is out, so we've updated our Smart Thermostat guide. We also updated our Home Vacuum guide with the latest user reviews for our main pick.
* With its new Works With Nest program, some cars, activity trackers, and garage doors (and other things) will be able to give Nest thermostats more information about when you're home or away or when you're awake or asleep and adjust energy use accordingly. The Nest API is also now open to developers who want to incorporate home, away, and usage data into their apps. More details are in our Smart Thermostat guide.
* We just updated the air conditioners guide with our recommendation for a portable unit, the LG LP1214GXR. We also had to make a correction to the piece: we'd said Amazon and Lowe's sold the same version of our main Frigidaire pick. Turns out Lowe's sells the same AC but without the handy built-in thermometer in the remote or an ionizing filter. If you need those things, go with Amazon. If you can live without them, you can save money on our pick at Lowe's.
* Having spent a few more months with our home security system pick, we added further testing notes and a suggestion for those who plan to use FrontPoint's smoke detectors and have textured walls or ceilings.
* We tested the endurance of our top duct tape brands by leaving them in use outdoors from September to May. The results are now in, and Sticky Ass Tape, our original choice for best exterior duct tape, performed the best.
* We clarified testing criteria in our LED bulb guide, updated Best Dish Soap with Cook's Illustrated's latest rankings, and replaced our out-of-stock heart-shaped boxed chocolate pick with the same chocolate in a standard box.